Best Coffee Machines for Condos 2020
I don’t know about you, but until I have my coffee in the morning my head is a bit foggy. I love coffee and have tried all the different options for coffee makes from the super simple pour-over technique, drip coffee makers and single-serve coffee makers.
Here are my top 6 choices for the best coffee machines for condos or small apartments.
- Americans drink 102 billion cups of coffee annually
- The average person drinks 2.7 cups of coffee daily
- 34% of Americans drink gourmet coffee
- Noon-1pm and 5:30-6:30 have been shown to be the best times for consumption
- $3.28 is the average price for a cup of java
- U.S. coffee industry is a $36 billion a year industry
Although the size of your living space may not influence the way in which you choose to make your coffee, there are a few ways that will help to minimize the amount of space used or simply give you a better morning/afternoon, or evening coffee ritual.
- 1 Best Coffee Maker for Condos 2020
- 1.1 1. Keurig Single Serve Coffee System
- 1.2 2. Nespresso Inissia by Breville
- 1.3 3. Mueller French Press
- 1.4 4. Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker
- 1.5 5. Givi Grind & Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
- 2 Final Thoughts: Best Coffee Machine for Condos
Best Coffee Maker for Condos 2020
|Top||Mueller Austria||Mueller French Press Coffee Maker, 20% Heavier 18/10 Stainless Steel, Multi-Screen System, Rust-Free, Dishwasher Safe||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||Keurig||Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker, Comes with Dishwasher Safe Milk Frother, Coffee Shot Capability, Compatible With all K-Cup Pods, Charcoal||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||ovalware||Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker and Tea Infuser with Spout - 1.0L / 34oz Ovalware RJ3 Brewing Glass Carafe with Removable Stainless Steel Filter||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Bialetti||The Original Bialetti Moka Express - 3 Cup Stovetop Coffee Maker with Safety Valve – brews 4.4 ounces||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Breville||Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machine by Breville, Titan||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
1. Keurig Single Serve Coffee System
General: Single-cup coffee makers are the newest trend to hit the coffee market and are absolutely perfect for a lot of different situations. They allow you to have a single serving of countless different flavors at the press of a button, and for that reason have become immensely popular.
Keurig has just about become a household name for single cup coffee brewing systems. They make high quality machines that last, and simply outperform almost any other brand, especially when looking at similar price points.
Benefits: These machines require little to no maintenance. Just pop in a pod, press a button and you are good to go. There aren’t coffee filters or the cleanup involved after brewing either. They also take up less counter space and cost only $.30-$.70 per cup.
For you if…
- You can’t stand the constant cleaning and maintenance that most machines offer
- You drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day or less
- You like to have a variety of different flavors without worrying about the grounds getting old
2. Nespresso Inissia by Breville
General: Espresso has been around for a while, but it is constantly evolving and better practices are being used to make a ‘better cup’.
The strength of the espresso is based largely on the ground used, and the amount of pressure that the machine is able force the steam through the grounds with. Machines can run anywhere from $40-$400+ for a household espresso machine.
Benefits: As I am sure you know, espresso will get your heart pumping. A single 2 oz. cup has the same amount of caffeine as a full cup of coffee. A couple more benefits are:
- Not having to drink as much volume of coffee (staining teeth or intestinal discomfort)
- You enjoy sipping other gourmet coffee drinks like cappuccinos, americanos, macchiatos or cortados
For you if…
You are gungho about your espresso, and can’t tolerate anything less than coffee-shop quality brew
3. Mueller French Press
General: To novice coffee drinkers, this may be intimidating and seem way too sophisticated, but I promise you that after you try it, you will be impressed by how easy it is, and the great flavor that you are able to get out of your coffee.
This may be the one instrument that transforms you into an avid coffee drinker who can’t even look at a drip machine any more.
Benefits: French presses are great because it gives you a lot of control that a classic drip machine doesn’t.
You can choose how much grounds to put in, how long to steep them for and what temperature the water will be that you use. This all affects the flavor and body of the coffee, which everyone prefers differently.
Also, because French Presses don’t use coffee filters, many of the natural oils from the coffee beans are not filtered out. These oils are what many people agree to contribute to the coffee’s finest taste. This leaves a robust full-flavored coffee, unlike any filtered coffee.
For you if…
- You enjoy a fine cup of coffee, or prefer to have more control over the way that it is prepared.
- You want to keep one small compact coffee appliance(the only other thing you will need is a coffee grinder and pot to boil water)
- You want to expand the breadth of your coffee experience and try something new
4. Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker
General: Along with espresso, iced coffee is one of the most types of coffee increasing in popularity most rapidly. It offers a drastically different coffee drinking experience because of both temperature and flavor of the drink.
Benefits: Iced coffee has many great benefits, a few of which are:
- Very low maintenance to make
- Waits for you fresh at its prime temperature for up to two weeks
- If you are already an iced coffee drinker, it will save you money because it is one of the more expensive drinks to get from a coffee shop
- Smoother taste because the oils of the coffee bean are not extracted (which can cause a bitter or acidic flavor on hot brew)
For you if…
- Want to keep all coffee appliances out of sight on your countertop
- Prefer a smoother tasting coffee drink
- Can’t stand to wait those few minutes for coffee to brew in the morning
- Like a cool refreshing coffee drink, or to mix it up between hot and cold
5. Givi Grind & Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
General: Drip machines are by far the most common worldwide, and there is no doubt that they have been so successful for a reason. These machines are fairly low maintenance, create consistently tasting coffee, and make large enough amounts to share.
But unless you drink 4+ cups per day or share with someone else, this may not be the most effective machine for you.
For you if…
- Prefer a milder coffee flavor
- Drink 4+ cups of coffee per day
- You want to wake up to freshly brewed coffee every morning or can’t resist the simplicity of this classic brewing system (but a single cup brewer doesn’t make sense because you drink a few cups per day).
Final Thoughts: Best Coffee Machine for Condos
Depending on the type of coffee drinker that you are, you will likely prefer a different machine. I have found that these 6 machines cover 99% of what all coffee drinkers need from their coffee machines.
Although there are different methods out there, they were all somehow derived from one of the models listed above. I am an avid coffee drinker and have at one point in my life owned all of these different appliances and loved them all.
As your preferences in coffee change, so will the type of machine that works best for you.